In the world of smartphones and tech, oxygenos plays an important role, particularly for the smartphone brand OnePlus. Coming as one of the most-picked smartphone hardware, oxygenos is the software of OnePlus mobiles. And yes, some issues were going on regarding this Android skin, but the credibility is beyond any of it. This OS was a dominating Android skin that continues to lead the market. Having said that, you can go through more of the software’s about in this article:
OnePlus is a China-based smartphone manufacturer that has its own Android operating system called oxygenos. This Android OS, however, is exclusive to OnePlus devices only, made to attract overseas markets. Although exclusive, this OS has some codebase association with ColorOS by Oppo. The two Android systems have now merged, which is why the Chinese smartphone market is seeing primary use of ColorOS, starting in 2021. Nevertheless, the rest of the world using OnePlus still has Oxygenos as their key. The latest version is the OxygenOS 13 update, made to enhance the speed and offer a smooth experience.
The beginning of oxygenos
It was in 2014 when OnePlus launched their first ever smartphone, the one that had CyanogenMod. The presence of this
community-created Android port was the reason why it received the name Cyanogen OS. Even when it came to success, the device was an instant hit. Beyond success, however, was the poor management, which is why the team of Cyanogen Inc. was called out for negligence and their collapse. Meanwhile, OnePlus urged a new Android skin to stay afloat. And in such a short while, the invention of oxygenos stood out.
Once the basic idea was in hand, the next step was to build software, which finally took place in 2015. The first software was a remake of Android, having a few notable changes. But that was only the commencement, as OnePlus always added new features with every upgrade.
OnePlus was in the lead, with buyers barely having any complaints. As the year 2017 approached, most feedback and reviews regarding the exclusive Android skin were positive. And with positive reviews came new buyers.
Oxygenos 13 – the latest version
The first glimpse of OxygenOS 13.1 was captured with the launch of Nord CE 3 Lite, a crucial event for OnePlus that happened in April 2023. Nearly a month later, the brand announced the latest oxygenos version, curated for models – OnePlus 9, OnePlus 10T, OnePlus 11, and OnePlus 11R. Keeping up with the consistency of new features with every update, OnePlus has yet again accomplished it most marvelously. The one that stands out amongst all is the “private meditation space”, using which buyers can play relaxing sounds at a click.
Another luring add-on of the latest Oxygenos version is Auto-connect, made for a OnePlus smartphone to connect with other OnePlus devices in the proximate area automatically. The only thing users have to make sure of is logging into the same account. Next is the champion mode for gamers to exhibit their gaming capabilities without having to worry about disturbances. Be it noise from ringtones, notifications, calls, or messages – gamers can now switch the mode on and get going with their gameplay with minimal disturbances.
An appearance change on Hasselblad-branded cameras to turn the watermark style into something like a tweak was also observed with oxygenos 13. But that’s not all, because in the 13.1 update, OnePlus is coming up with new updates part by part.
How to check your version and get the latest version of oxygenos download updates
To get an insight into what OS version you are using, follow the given steps (for Oxygen OS 11 – Android 11) and earlier:
- Reach out to the settings of your Android. You can find the app in the app drawer; alternatively, the notification will also have a shortcut to reach settings.
- Find the About Phone section from the bottom of the list.
- Then, look for the build number. It’ll have the necessary details about the Oxygen OS version.
Checking software updates on oxygenos 12 (Android 12) and later
To get an insight into what OS version you are using, follow the given steps (for oxygenos 12 – Android 12) and later:
- Reach the settings of your device through the shortcut from either the app drawer or notification.
- Towards the end of the list, there will be the About Device section. Click on it.
- Tap on the version, where the information such as Build Number will be available. Check your OS from it.
Why oxygenos 13?
One common thought that’s always lingering in the head of a OnePlus user is if oxygenos 13 is worth it and in case, the answer is positive, why exactly?
Well, it is the interface that’s captivating the hearts of users. The refreshed version comes with a better and more consistent User Interface, which was far from likely for the predecessor. The fact that Android 13 will have Oppo’s design system in its entirety, sounds much better than. Beyond the interesting upgrade on the interface is the Better Material You Theming and the overall looks of it.
Talking of the battery, it is now more improved than ever – maybe because of slighter attention towards managing background apps. Regardless, the outcome is great. Alongside comes new features, which was expected somewhere since OnePlus is already notable for launching something new with every OS upgrade.
Furthermore, there’s the new AOD also called Always On Display, enabling users to add a few personal touches on the lock screen such as custom patterns, text, or even a self-designed Emoji avatar. Then comes the Smart Sidebar for easy app navigation and Kid Space to safeguard your children, if any, from sensitive content.
Notable features of oxygenos
- Display (dynamic wallpapers & enhanced dark mode): Wallpapers, if dynamic, will transition from time to time. This means that your wallpaper will keep changing on its own, and you won’t even know what’s next. At the same time, you can use the enhanced dark mode, a better dark mode version, to adjust the screen color which can assist in easy reading.
- Insight AOD: Although late, it is at least better than never because, after a long wait, users finally received the always-on display (AOD) feature. And the number of formats to choose from are multiple, with one named ”insight” that stands out. If you want to keep track of how many times the phone has been unlocked, you can choose this ”Insight AOD” option.
- Custom font: Fonts are often a nice way to include personalization in a device. Understanding the cool factor of it, smartphone manufacturers enable the feature of changing system fonts. But OnePlus is one step ahead, as Oxygenos has its custom font, aka OnePlus Sans. It resembles the Helvetica font, having straight lines. However, it is up to the users whether they implement the OnePlus Sans or remain loyal to the typical Android font.
- Zen Space: One feature that was quite recent to roll out, but is exclusive to the OnePlus community only is the Zen space. So, what happens is that your device gets blocked temporarily, ensuring you users are not able to use the phone for the timeframe set. This is specially made to relieve the addiction or compel users to get the much-needed break. But if you decide to try this out someday, remember that the lock won’t open until Zen Space stops and not even a reboot is going to help.
The brand had a really tough time before the launch of its latest version, but this ends on a positive note. The boldness of oxygenos is quite evident, including the streamlined step while making it such that operations are faster and more smooth than the previous ones. It replaces the predecessor to come up with better privacy-oriented features, which are not one, two, but many!
A- Oxygenos is the backbone of OnePlus devices, while AndroidOS works well for smartphones other than the Chinese brand. Both have their own unique set of features and cons. Depending on the kind of experience you prefer, oxygenos and AndroidOs can both be nice or the opposite.
A- Oxygenos 13 is the latest operating system version, that OnePlus users can upgrade themselves to. The OS is exclusive to OnePlus smartphones only. Meanwhile, AndroidOs works for other smartphone brands.
A- With oxygenos 12 rolling out, users had put forth high expectations for it. However, many encountered issues like battery drainage and the device slowing down. The OS was called out and highly criticized as such.
A- Oxygenos download latest upgrades are exclusive to OnePlus, a brand that is rooted in China.
A- OxygenOS 13, suitable for Android 13 is 5.5GB in size. To begin the upgrade, users must also ensure their smartphone has a battery of 30% and above.